Black screen at win7 login - GTX 550Ti - Audio drivers conflict ?

samedi 9 mai 2015

Hello guys :)

Doing a lot of video editing with Premiere & Effects, I would like to install a Nividia GTX 500 Ti I bought recently (to get power from GPU / CUDA).

Issue:
When installing NVidia drivers, at first reboot everything is fine (HD resolution is active), but if I restart, I get a f**** black screen at windows logon screen (no signal from monitor)

I think it's a conflict between NVIDIA and my audio drivers, because everytime I succeeded to get the HD resolution after install, it was after disabling / uninstalling audio drivers (see Investigation part below)

Hardware config:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3
- Power supply: Corsair VX 550w
- RAM: 16Go DDR3
- LCD monitor on DVI port
- TV screen on HDMI port
- Audio outputs:
- SPDIF coaxial for TV external sound manager
- onboard jacks to desktop speakers
- Other: SSD + HD drives

Software config:
- Windows 7 64b up to date
- BIOS is up to date
- All drivers are up to date

Investigations:
I spent 3 full days on the issue with many tries, including a fresh reinstall of Win7, but everytime it ends with a black screen and a loss of video signal

I used Guru3D DDU tool to remove properly the drivers under safe mode
I tried different drivers (4 different NVidia, 2 different Realtek, default drivers from Microsoft)
I tried disabling onboard audio option via the BIOS

I did almost all combinations between disabling or uninstalling Nvidia or Realtek audio drivers or devices
Sometimes it went black after first reboot, sometimes it went good at first boot but then went black on further reboot no matter I disable / uninstall any audio driver or device

I get no errors in device manager
I plugged / unplugged monitor cables, waited for 20s after switched off/on the DVI monitor

Hardware seems fine (fan is spinning and I get the default VGA output), my overall hardware is recent (almost one year)

I really don't know what to do next ... so do you have any idea ?


Black screen at win7 login - GTX 550Ti - Audio drivers conflict ?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels