Poor Textures After Upgrading From X86 Windows to X64 Bit...

dimanche 10 mai 2015

I have a spare laptop with the following spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.2Ghz X2 Dual Core CPU
Windows 8.1 32 Bit
2Gb Ram
160Gb HDD
Intel Mobile 4 Shared Graphics


Recently I upgraded the ram from 2Gb to 4Gb DDR3 & freshly re-installed Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

Despite having installed all the latest drivers, directx, etc, I'm getting issues with textures which wasn't previously present as well as worse gaming performance!

That said, the laptop is not made for games. However, running titles such as Half-Life from 1998, Unreal Tournament 1999 & Max Payne, it should easily get 60-100 fps...

Previously on 32 bit Windows with 2Gb ram I was getting anywhere between 30-90 fps on the above titles.

Quake 3 & Unreal Tournament gave me the best results, between 60-90 fps...

Now, I've upgraded my Windows to 64 bit and upgraded faster 4Gb DDR3 ram in the system. Therefore doubling the ram should of increased performance.

Internet browsing, watching movies and flash content is WAY faster.

General use, going through files is far quicker. As for light and basic gaming, performance is worse and I'm getting poor textures which was never an issue. It happens in most games though not all. Any suggestions on what I can do to sort the ugly textures?

Here is what it looks like:





Poor Textures After Upgrading From X86 Windows to X64 Bit...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels