Recommend me a motherboard

mardi 12 mai 2015

Hi,

I have been trying in vain to get a decent overclock on my FX8350 but am held back by the useless MSI 990FXA-GD65 I bought for £35 18 months ago.

It has options in the UFI that do nothing, MSI have admitted that they don't have documentation from AMD so can't enable the FSB multiplier. (can't see how that can be true)

The Vcore is limited to 1.44v

The Northbridge overheats due to the tiny heatsink and the VRMs get too hot for comfort.

Currently My CPU is at 4.5ghz and with a custom loop it never goes over 45 degrees. I know it can do a lot more but the motherboard is holding it back.

I put it under water only because it's something I always wanted to do but now it's done I want to get as much from the CPU as I can so it looks like I need a new motherboard.

I would really like an ASUS but can't quite stretch to a sabretooth unless I can find one used at a good price.

Are there any motherboards that are decent overclockers for about £100 that will allow me to go crossfire in the future?


Recommend me a motherboard

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels