A little bit of help - OC - AMD FX8300 and Gigabyte 970A-DSP3 rev.2

lundi 11 mai 2015

Hello !

I'm trying to overclock an AMD FX8300 CPU (Vishera - 95W TDP) using a Gigabyte 970A-DS3P rev.2 (4 phase with VRM aluminium heatsink).

Before starting to yell at me that this motherboard is not for OC please consider that Gigabyte supports 8 cores using this board and it has a quite nice VRM (aluminium) heatsink on it. Please take a look at the pics:

1. Motherboard
http://ift.tt/1KXETVo

2. CPU cooler
http://ift.tt/1IubfJa

Now what I've done so far:

1. Set +0.24V (+0.3V was max) voltage on the CPU - booted windows done a few minutes of prime95 (blend,fpu and max power consumption) was "ok" but I was a afraid that +0.24V on Vishera is not a good idea ?!
I was at around 1.3-1.4V under full load.

Then I discovered LLC (load line calibration) it has 3 options for this motherboard AUTO->EXTREME->REGULAR. Not sure which one does what.

I've also noted that using stock bios settings the VCORE is going up to 1.5 almost during turbo boost.

2. Enabled HPC mode (high performance computing). This shouldnt allow CPU cores to clock lower and lock the clock. Is that correct ? Is this good for OC or its too dangerous ?

3. Disabled APM (amd power management ?) I think this limits the CURRENT supplied to the CPU (to protect CPU+MOBO) to reach the max TDP of it. Is that 95W ? or 125W ? Is this settings CPU dependant or socket/core number ? that meaning its 125W according to FX8350 ?

4. Disabled Coolnquiet/C6 STATE/C1E etc - are these any good for OC ? or they just mess around with my OC (since they are power saving techniques)?

What is the max voltage this CPU can handle with no problems ? (adequate cooling) ? 1.4 ? 1.5 ?

Will the mobo VRMs suffer a lot from this HPC ON / APM OFF ???

My case has quite a lot of fans and airflow is not a problem. Maybe VRMs dont get a lot since the design of the cpu cooler ... but there is a fan that pulls out air right trough them.

Please help me out with some answers regarding my questions !

Any help appreciated.

Bernek


A little bit of help - OC - AMD FX8300 and Gigabyte 970A-DSP3 rev.2

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels