New Graphics Card: Is it compatible and should I bother?

mardi 28 avril 2015

Hi,

I’m looking at getting a new graphics card for my computer since my old one is pretty much fried. My computer is a Gateway FX6860, about 3 and half years old, with the following specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 19-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0GB DDR3 Memory
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1280MB
Hard Drive: 128GB Solid-State Drive + 2TB Hard Drive
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

The fan on my current graphics card have become extremely loud (sounds like an airplane) and it has difficulty running new games on the highest settings. Subsequently I’m looking at upgrading to the GeForce GTX 970. So I’m wondering if this card compatible with my PC (the exact model I’m looking at is: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 256bit, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP SLI Ready Graphics Card)? And if so is this a good idea or should I instead be looking at buying a whole new system?

Thanks!


New Graphics Card: Is it compatible and should I bother?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels