So Windows Backup overwrites stuff when created huh?

lundi 27 avril 2015

I seem to have learned a very painful lesson today...

Made a system backup on a secondary drive for a friend before doing a clean install of Windows 7, a procedure I myself have performed in the past on my own computers.
Only problem is, it seems his main personal folder where he kept all his photo's and stuff had the exact same name as the Computer Name, and now as far as I can tell, when the system created the backup it overwrote that folder... so all his photos are now gone... :bang:

I'm kind of resigned to the idea that all these files are lost forever and a hard lesson learned, but I thought I would post and ask for advice anyway, just to see if there was a corner I had not checked out or a trick I had not tried that might be able to recover these files.


So Windows Backup overwrites stuff when created huh?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels