What can DX12 really do for Xbox One?

mardi 28 avril 2015

My first thought is...aren't consoles different? The api's aren't like PC api's, so why the heck is dx12 even going into a console?

My second thought, the hardware isn't getting upgraded, so MS is completely relying on software to improve things? How much can they really improve?

I'm reading all these disqus moronic ps4 vs xbox one comments, forums, etc. And everyone keeps saying "Xbox One will hit 1080p with no issues when dx12 hits, it will be more powerful than ps4".

If this is even 10% true, why did MS not implement it into the Xbox One in the first place?

I just don't see the api improving things more than 5fps at MOST. Even that, by itself, would be impressive considering the improvement through software on the same hardware.

So my question is, what can DX12 do for the Xbox One?


What can DX12 really do for Xbox One?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels