GPU cooler powder coating or painting?

mardi 24 février 2015

I am about to put my current rig into a new case and tidy/pretify it up. The scheme is MSI black and yellow. I have 3 "reference" 970s with the "titan cooler". I know how to modify the green LED lighted geforce logo no problem.. a little sandpaper and some candy yellow clear coat. The problem is going to be the 3 silver coolers.



My thought process is that powder coating or painting just the outside will not be a problem because the outside is not what really dissipates heat. Especially when you have 3 stacked on top of each other. It is the internals of the cooler and the air moving through them that does that job.



I do intend to water cool this whole rig but that is $1k-ish for another day. For now I would like the GPU's to look "in place". So does anyone have an opinion on whether powder coating or painting is a bad idea?



FWIW I have "googled" and seen mixed results and nobody really talked about how the actual cooling is done inside he cooler and not on the outside. Obviously an extra layer of paint/coating will be a bit of an insulator. At the same time I would bead blast them down to bare metal so would it really be considered an "extra coat"?





GPU cooler powder coating or painting?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels