4K Curved or Flatscreen

vendredi 27 février 2015

Hi Guys/Gals,



Just wanted to get some feedback as I had stumble onto a quick test drive of some sweet 4K QHD TVs a few days ago. Saw LG, Sony and Samsung's newest models from 50", 55", 58", 60" and 65" in size.



So I used a very rough every 10" = 1 Ft distance to gauge the quality vs view distance which is about accurate to still be able to the benefits vs FullHD and not creep up too close to the screen.



For example, look at the 50" screen beyond 6 FT away (eyeballs to panel) I could barely tell if it was sharper than a 1080p but at 5 FT away, could really pick out the details based on my eyesight.



Among the 55" and 60" there were also both curved and flatscreens so I did some side by side viewing when possible.



For those who own or have test driven these screens, even at a lower resolution, did you notice or thought:



- the curved screens looked smaller (because it wrapped around)

- had to get a little closer since the overall linear width was shorter to pick out the same level of details at the flat screen

- and lastly, thought the curved screen actually more 3D in terms of depth?



I had noticed this mainly between the larger screens.



If I step 2 feet further back, I could tell the flat screen looks a tad bigger, almost by 3-5". But when I was situated within the sweet spot, the curved screens makes the buildings and details pop out more.



It may be placebo but I wanted to hear your experiences.



There is no way I could afford any of those screens yet - Flat 60" was almost 5K USD, while curved was 1500 USD MORE here. I would wait for it to drop or step down to a smaller screen.



Still need a GPU setup to push 4K at up to 120-200 Hz (yeh right) so MAYBE this coming Christmas or next spring would be a realistic time frame for my TV upgrade.





4K Curved or Flatscreen

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels