GTX 970 SLI Issues Resolved: Disabled DSR for HD

jeudi 26 février 2015

I am running dual MSI GTX 970s in SLI with a 4790K overclocked to 4.8 GHz, Asus Maxiumus VII hero etc. I am using a 27" Asus 1080P 3D monitor. I am running the 347.25 drivers that I downloaded from MSI. My system is currently performing well but I did have some issues with low frame rates with the previous driver. Here is how I fixed it:



1. I disabled Dynamic Super Resolution in the Nvidia 3D settings.

2. I set the resolution at 1080p in the GeForce Experience.

3. I set the resolution at 1080p in game.



No more issues. All games look and play great at High or Ultra settings including Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, PlanetSide 2, Diablo III, World of Warcraft and Titanfall. I sometimes have to drop to high settings for large scale pvp in ESO or PS2.



I dont want or need DSR. Games look and play great at 1080p on my system. DSR can quadruple the number of pixels being processed by your GPUs, overwhelming the GTX 970. Unless you have a really crappy HD monitor, it should not make much of a difference in image quality. Again, turn off DSR and lock your resolution at 1080p if you are using an HD monitor.



A note to Nvidia:



DO NOT MAKE 4K OR 3840 x 2160 THE DEFAULT RESOLUTION for game profiles in the GeForce experience for systems with a 1080P montior. This caused a lot of problems in several games. For example WoW actually scaled the game up to 4k so I only saw 1/4 of the game on screen. How annoying!



TURN DSR OFF BY DEFAULT IN YOUR DRIVER CONFIGURATION. There are obviously issues with DSR, especially on the psuedo-4GB GTX 970.



NVIDIA SHOULD WARN USERS WHO ENABLE DSR THAT THEY MAY EXPERIENCE LOW FRAME RATES IN SOME GAMES.





GTX 970 SLI Issues Resolved: Disabled DSR for HD

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels