Let the smoke out...

dimanche 1 mars 2015

Hi Guys,



Been a long time since I posted here. Hope this is the right place to be posting.



I recently brought an upgrade for my PC, including a Gigabyte H81M-S2H, Intel i5 4460 and an 8Gb G.Skill 1600mhz RAM stick.



I had it all ready to go, CPU, RAM and my Palit GTX 750 plugged in, and as soon as I plugged my PSU (Corsair VX550w, about 4 years old) into the mobo, it started smoking. I hadn't even pressed the power button yet...



Is this a faulty motherboard? Was my PSU incompatible somehow? Or could there have been something else I messed up? This was my first time installing a new motherboard.



Other relevant parts: dvd burner, Kingston 120gb SSD, WD 750gb 7200rpm HDD.



Any thoughts? Thanks





Let the smoke out...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels