Graphics card advice before upgrade - older system

lundi 30 mars 2015

I'm considering upgrading my PC. I've not put much effort into it for a while but starting to get more use out of it.



It's initial use was as a workstation running Hyper-V machines:

  • Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3

  • Intel CPU 0 @ 3.10GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

  • 32768MB RAM




I've now started using it for some games and looking at upgrading so I can play some of the newer titles. Existing graphics card is a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 5800 series card.



I'm considering an upgrade to a GTX 960 which is probably within budget now or holding off a bit longer and going for a GTX 970 which is currently out of budget.



I'm in Australia so the jump in price between the cards is going from about $350/$400 to $500/$550.



Question is whether I'd be wasting my time on upgrading to either card based on my other hardware?



If the upgrade is viable, would I be better getting the GTX 970 or could a GTX 960 with 4GB suffice?





Graphics card advice before upgrade - older system

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels