Quadfire 295x2 problem

mardi 31 mars 2015

I am at work so forgive me for not having access to PCPARTPICKER. My configuration is as follows:



CPU - 5820K



MB - MSI X99S MPOWER



RAM - 2x4GB TEAM ELITE PLUS DDR4



VGA - 2 Sapphire 295x2's



PSU - EVGA 1300 G2



HD - Samsung 850 Evo SSD



Case - Fractal R5 Case



So after putting everything together, I have the following problem.



After leaving the machine off all night, when I power up in the morning, there is no display signal. I have to remove the display connections from the top card to the bottom card to get a signal. When I do this and log into windows, the monitor scaling has been reset to underscan and AMD CCC lists one of the top cards' GPU's as disabled. Windows hardware configuration does not even list the 4th GPU. If I soft restart (OS), there is no change. If I hard reset (button) there is no change.



I can fix this problem temporarily by scrubbing the old drivers (using DDU) and shutting down, then reconnecting the monitor to the top card. When I repower the machine it acts normally, recognizing all 4 gpu's and lets me reinstall drivers. After this, if I completly power down though, one of the top card's gpu's gets disabled again, and I have to switch the monitor to the bottom card again and repeat this process. I have tried this with 14.12 and beta 15.3 drivers, but nither is stable through a power down cycle.



I have verified that the MB is supposed to be quad CrossFire capable, and that this problem presents itself even when I am using a single DVI monitor as the output (not using any of the minidisplayports on the cards).



Tonight I have a few diagnostic plans. First, I am going to run DDU and leave the monitor plugged into the bottom card when I reinstall drivers. Then if the problem comes back when I cycle power but it has followed the primary card designation in CCC, it is likely a driver/windows problem. If I power cycle and the top card looses a gpu but the bottom card is still the primary, and hence I dont lose display capability, its probably the card and Ill think about RMA'ing with Sapphire.



Any other suggestions?





Quadfire 295x2 problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels