Got one of those scam calls from India

mardi 31 mars 2015

So we all know about those "I'm definitely not calling from India, may I take over your PC, encrypt it, and tell you to pay up to get your files back?" scams.



I got woken up with one of those calls today so I was too tired to screw with the guy and waste his time as I do something else like eat breakfast. So I just said I know this is a junk call, good luck with your next scam and hung up.



The difference is, this guy asked for Cyrus, meaning some company got compromised that they got my name and number. Or just as likely some employee at Dell in India sold customer info. The guy also listed a Dell (service) number that was supposedly mine. I was too tired to pay attention but I should have because if the number was actually for one of my Dell parts (just monitors and a printer) that means Dell has been compromised.



What do you guys think?





Got one of those scam calls from India

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels